Link to this issue: https://joom.ag/7fWY
The Missouri Reader is a peer reviewed journal. It has been in existence for 42 years. Glenda Nugent and I are the current co-editors. The journal is published twice a year. Each publication is timed to come out just before the state-wide conferences the Missouri Literacy Association cosponsors. The Missouri Early Learning conference starts a week from today, Friday Nov. 9th. Accordingly, our newest journal is being published today.
Some highlights from this issue include:
- An interview with Eric Litwin, author of Pete the Cat- I Love My White Shoes, The Nut Family series and the Groovey Joe books
- An Interview with Jennifer Serravallo about her new book
- An article entitled Thinking Aloud to Build Students’ Comprehension by Dr. Molly Ness
- An article entitled A Picture REALLY IS Worth a Thousand Words by Julie Bryant and Tamara Samek;
- The 2018 MO-STAR List reported by Jennifer Fox- includes multiple links to the best new trade books in science
- We also provide Information on Early Learning Conference in Mo
- There are also many other articles, including ones written by teachers from our state (and beyond!)
We are grateful to all the contributors for the efforts and also for the diligent work of our editorial board. Our reviewers are well credentialed. Our journal allows beginning writers, often practicing teachers who are also university students in teaching programs, to publish right along side well known experts in literacy. We especially encourage action research articles published by teachers working with a university professor. Our readers benefit from this eclectic group of authors. Our new authors get their first experience in publishing in a peer reviewed journal. All and all it is a win-win situation. Readers of this blog interested in writing for the journal can find information on submissions on the last page of the current journal.
Let me invite you to go to the journal using the following link: https://joom.ag/7fWY. I think you will find valuable ideas and information. I thank you in advance for having a look.
Missouri Reader is a publication of the Missouri Literacy Association (an ILA affiliate). We certainly would like any of you living in the Midwest region to come to the Mo Early Learning Conference. As I said it is next Frida/Saturday and is held in St. Louis Mo. Mary Howard will be one of the keynotes. So, we hope you will meet us in St. Louis!
Dr. Sam Bommarito (aka, the co-editor)
CONFERENCE LINK: http://www.missouriearlylearning.com